Learn how data can help your nonprofit grow.
data for nonprofits
USES FOR DATA
- DATA can help you demonstrate a problem by showing a need and the consequences of no action
- DATA can help you demonstrate a viable solution including the effectiveness of a program and the impact of your organization
- DATA can help you learn more about your donors and increase revenue
- DATA can help you cut costs and create more efficient processes
TYPES OF DATA
- QUANTITATIVE data comes in the form of numbers and statistics
- QUALITATIVE data is data in the form of pictures, words, or objects.
- INFOGRAPHICS are a great way to display both quantitative and qualitative data.
- DONOR data can be acquired through social media analytics and surveys
- PROGRAM data can be gained by using surveys with your organization’s programs, and reference data can be found online to research the effectiveness of similar programs by other organizations
- PROBLEM data can be found through numerous online platforms, including census data, health statistics, and more
MAKE USE OF DATA
- Start using DATA today to improve your grant applications and create a clear message
- Use DATA to monitor what social media efforts work, and which ones may need more attention
- Apply DATA to improve your programs and services by understanding the true needs of the community
- If your organization uses a CRM, apply the DATA from reports to improve your organization’s processes
- Use DATA from events and fundraisers to increase revenue for the following year
DATA APPS + SERVICES
Audiense helps you identify and reach your nonprofit’s target audience. Audience helps you turn insights into actions to grow your organization. Also available through Audiense is the Instagram Community Management and Analytics tool, as well as custimizable chatbots for Twitter messaging.
Viralwoot is a social media scheduler and analytics platform geared towards Pinterest. Promote and schedule pins and analyze data to grow your Pinterest presence.
Quintly helps you track and optimize your social media performance. One unique feature is that Quintly allows you to Benchmark your social media performance and marketing analytics against competitors and alongside best-practice examples.
Tableau is at the forefront of data and visualization. Visit Tableau and find out more about how data can benefit your organization
HARC offers a variety of customized consulting services that are designed to give clients the information they need to make optimal business decisions.
Keyhole provides a dashboard used to track hash-tags on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. They provide easy-to-read graphs and layouts to simplify reporting and strategizing.
Google Analytics is a great tool to track and analyze your website traffic. This includes analyzing visits to your site as well as clicks on videos and social sharing links.
Take a look at some of these online platforms providing data that you can use for grant applications, decision-making, and more.
US CENSUS BUREAU
Data on population, housing, finance, transportation, etc.
Portal for a variety of a data from the government
GOOGLE PUBLIC DATA EXPLORER
Global data for human development and economics
EUROPEAN UNION OPEN DATA PORTAL
Data portal for European Union institutions
Provides government data from the US, Canada, and the EU
AMAZON DATA SETS
Various data sets from different industries
US healthcare data and population statistics
NHS HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE
Health data sets from the UK
Global data on women and children
WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION
Global data on health, hunger, and disease
AMERICAN COMMUNITY SURVEY
Census survey providing data on occupations, education, veterans, home ownership, and more
CURRENT POPULATION SURVEY
Data on the labor force, including employment, unemployment, earnings, and more
Data on children with special health careeners, child and youth safety, environmental health, and more
The Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development provides data from health facilities
US DEPARTMENT OFEDUCATION
Statistics on department services and programs for all levels of education
NATIONAL CANCER INSTITUTE
National data on cancer
CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL
Health statistics, national death data, scientific data, and more
FOOD RESEARCH AND ACTION CENTER
Data on federal nutrition programs such as WIC and SNAP
HEALTHCARE COST AND UTILIZATION PROJECT
Data from state organizations, hospitals, and the Federal government
Economic and population trend data, as well as data on crime, education, and health care
Data on children, environment, education, labor, population, and more
500 CITIES PROJECT
Data for chronic diseases for the 500 largest cities
FBI UNIFORM CRIME REPORTING PROGRAM
Statistical information from over 18,000 agencies nationwide
POINT-IN-TIME HOMELESS COUNTS
Data on sheltered and unsheltered homeless persons
PEW RESEARCH CENTER
Data on American life and trends
Portal for searching various types of data sets
DATA goes a long way. Get in touch with us if you have questions about data services and how your organization can benefit from applying real-time data to your processes.
WHY DATA IS WORTH IT
Collecting and using data might sound costly and time-consuming, but modern apps and services are making it easy to see the overall picture, enabling your organization to decrease costs and increase revenue, all while improving your impact. Get started with DATA today!
HELP US expand our data resources
We need your support. Help us continue to provide digital services to nonprofits in a digital age, accelerating their mission and expanding their impact.
Get in Touch
We would love to hear from you. Contact us today.
Palm Desert, CA